Includes 10 Australian money focused tasks designed to provide your students with hands-on, differentiated activities to develop skills and a solid understanding when counting, ordering and sorting Australian notes and coins.
Tasks have been carefully created to meet ACARA standards (and outcomes across the Australian states) for this grade level and are aimed to build proficiency, fluency and confidence in students solving problems when using Australian money.
This pack not only provides opportunities for hands-on learning but also develops all five proficiency strands: communicating, problem-solving, reasoning, understanding and fluency. Looking for another Grade? Find our Year 2 Pack here.
How this Pack Works:
Each activity has a task card stating the learning intention that can be used by the teacher, parent helper or read by students themselves (2 versions of each task card is included: an A4 poster and an A5 version that can be folded in half to create a standing sign).
Year 1 Hands-on Australian Money Pack
File Type: PDF & PowerPoint
Number of pages: 74
File size: 38 MB
* Compressed Zip File
* 10 Hands-on activities (including task cards + photo examples of each activity)
* Learning Intention for every task
* Teacher Differentiation guide
* ACARA links
* Open-ended word problem
* Money investigation
* Editable Teacher Checklist
**Features new $5 and $10 design**
- Recognising & identifying Australian notes and coins
- Recognising & describing features of Australian money
- Sorting collections according to value
- Understanding the value of coins is not related to size
- Counting & creating collections of Australian money
- Recognising simple amounts can be made using different denominations
- Recognising coin combinations that make $1
- Recognising symbols for dollars and cents
- Making collections of coins to create a value
- Comparing Asian coins to Australian coins