Includes 10 Australian money focused tasks designed to provide your students with hands-on, differentiated activities to develop skills and a solid understanding when counting, ordering and sorting Australian notes and coins.
Tasks have been carefully created to meet ACARA standards (and outcomes across the Australian states) for this grade level and are aimed to build proficiency, fluency and confidence in students solving problems when using Australian money.
This pack not only provides opportunities for hands-on learning but also develops all five proficiency strands: communicating, problem-solving, reasoning, understanding and fluency.
How this Pack Works:
Each activity has a task card stated the learning intention that can be used by the teacher, parent helper or read by students themselves (2 versions of each task card is included: an A4 poster and an A5 version that can be folded in half to create a standing sign).
Year 2 Hands-on Australian Money Pack
File Type: PDF & PowerPoint
Number of pages: 81
File size: 138 MB
* Compressed Zip File
* 10 Hands-on activities (including task cards + photo examples of each activity)
* Learning Intention for every task
* Teacher Differentiation guide
* ACARA links
* Open-ended word problem
* Money investigation
* Editable Teacher Checklist
**Features new $5 and $10 design**
- counting Australian coins and notes according to their value
- using the face value of coins and notes to sort, order and count money
- making and counting collections of coins and or notes to make up a particular value
- identifying equivalent values in collections of coins
- forming a basis for rounding and calculating change
- recognising that there are 100 cents in a $1
- determining which Australian notes are needed to buy a particular item
- comparing Australian coins and notes with those from other countries